Friday, September 3, 2010

The Ground Upon Which I Sleep

After a week of hellacious itineraries and work schedules, I lie here on my carpeted floor to set upon this journey they/you call blogging.  I would normally be typing while sitting on my couch, killing time in a hotel room, riding in a bus, plane or car, after an awesome show or just as I am now: Exhausted.

The Urban Dictionary states that NashVegas is a nickname given to Nashville due to its country tackiness.  It also says that it's called this because Nashville is the center for glitz and glamour, stealing all the spotlight from dumpy Memphis, and a GREAT place to live. 

I am originally from the CA mountains.  I love Nashville because you can get a little taste of city life and then be out in the country in less than 20 min.  Being a mountain girl, I always wanted to live in a city but I love the outdoors.  So, when I was deciding where to move after college, I had three choices really.  I knew I was going to pursue music.  So, it was either LA, NYC, or Nashville.  After living in Nashville for one week, one of my friends, another CC, introduced me to the word NashVegas and so it began.  10 years later, I write my first official blog on what it means to me to live NashVegas, baby.

Over the last few years people have asked me why I didn't already have a blog.  I would consistently come back to the same thought, "do I have topics anyone would be interested in?"  The answer is probably yes and no.  My goal is simply to be and to tell.  I doubt I'll be very political even though that was my major in college.  I will certainly list the what to and what not to dos while traveling.  I will bore some of you to tears.  I will praise venues and organizations for their ability to put on great shows or make living on the road easier.  I will diplomatically, of course, relay to you those unable to pull off assisting an artist in anything.  I will share insightful thoughts about pursuing your dream of becoming rich and famous or broke and quasi famous. I will not tell you how to get to one place or the other.  I will simply show you what it is to be in one at one moment and the other in the next. You will quickly understand to which category I belong more often.  What I look forward to most is expanding my thoughts and experiences.  Sharing was something I hated to do with my brothers but it is one of the few ways to experience true joy and perspective on things I sometimes feel have become mundane.



Until next time, have a great Labor Day weekend.  For now, I will continue to lie on the floor of my living room and hopefully pass out.

1 comment:

  1. Finally!! I have been waiting for you to blog something.
    I love it. I will visit your page more often.

    Have a great labor day wkend.
    Again thanks for the cd, etc. Loving your music all the time.

    Love,
    Lu

    ReplyDelete